How to Apply
Starting your Application
Before you apply, make sure you are fully familiar with the minimum requirements for admission, the selection procedure and download and read the application manual carefully:
You can use this checklist to see if you do not miss anything for your application.
At LUC The Hague there are two starting points per (academic) year: in September and in February, at the start of each semester. The upcoming deadlines are stated below.
|September 2017-2018||1 January, 2017 (Early Bird), and 1 April, 2017 (Regular)|
Interviews are held during a certain period. Below you can find an overview with the specific dates which you need to take into account when you apply (Only available for the September 2017 intake):
|Application complete before||Interview period||Decisions|
|1 January 2017||January/February||March|
|1 April 2017||April/May||June|
Applications complete and submitted before 1 January (Early Bird deadline) will be processed earlier than applications submitted before the regular deadline of 1 April.
Please note that applications can be submitted at any time before and in between deadlines.
2. Required Documents
All documents apart from the copy of passport/ID card need to be submitted in English. If the original documents are not issued in English, French, German or Dutch, they should be translated to English by a sworn translator or by the school/ institution itself. The translation needs to be added to the original document. Although your documents will not be judged for the level of English, correct spelling and grammar help to bring your message across.
The supporting documents needed are:
- 1. €50 Application Fee (proof of payment) * Students with a Dutch VWO diploma are exempted from the fee.
- 2. Copy of Passport or ID Card
- 3. Curriculum Vitae: Please use our guide to get started.
- 4. Letter of Recommendation: ** At least one letter is needed from a school mentor, teacher, or career counselor. A guideline can be used or a letter in English can be sent in an official school envelope.
- 5. Copy of your Secondary School Diploma**: You can upload official transcripts from your school and if applicable school diploma. If you have not graduated yet an overview of your most recent grades or for IB/A-Level candidates your predicted grades will be sufficient for your application.
- 6. English Proficiency Form: All students need to prove English Proficiency and are required to fill out the English Proficiency form as part of the application process and submit the required documents. Look at Entry Requirements, to see what category fits you best.
- 7. Letter of Motivation: Please follow the Guidelines for the motivation letter.This is a very important part of the admissions process as it is your opportunity to introduce yourself to the Admissions committee and what motivates you to study at LUC The Hague.
Application Fee *: All students with a non-Dutch secondary school diploma (VWO) are required to submit an application fee. The application fee for LUC The Hague is €50 and should be paid into the bank account mentioned below. Do not use the form in the application programme, nor the bank account number provided on the Leiden University website which is for non LUC applicants only!
Full Bank Address:
3500 HG Utrecht
Registered to: Universiteit Leiden iz Campus Den Haag, Postbus 13228, Den Haag
Include your Student ID and the code 1265002002- LUCTH-
Recommendation Letter **: Referees, who want to send their recommendation letter directly to LUC The Hague instead of to the student, can send it to the following address or send an email to the admissions office.
Leiden University College The Hague
Anna van Buerenplein 301
2595 DG The Hague