Studying and living in The Hague
Living in The Hague, the international City of Peace and Justice
As a student of International Studies, you can choose to live in either the city of The Hague or Leiden. International students are accommodated by the University in apartments in The Hague. Visit the University’s housing website for more information on the possibilities. Here you may also ask for assistance in finding housing. Interested in personal experiences? Here is how some of our students found their room through the university or by themselves (pdf).
International Students may use all of the University facilities in both cities, such as the libraries, the sport clubs and the student associations.
Students of the Class of 2015 made a first impression for you, humorous and honest view of their personal experiences.
The city of The Hague
- provides a unique sense of space, due to its numerous large parks
- borders on Europe’s largest area of natural diversity: the North Sea
- hosts many cultural hotspots such as the world famous Mauritshuis
- offers social and culinary experiences
- houses the Peace Palace, home to the International Court of Justice, and the International Criminal Court (ICC)
- is a melting pot of many cultures
- has a lively student community
Want to know more? Watch the film!